PADI Discover Scuba Diving Course is an introductionary course designed for people who are non divers and never dive before. If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you. After taking the Discovery Scuba Diving course you will confident to take the next course – the PADI Open Water Course in the process of get your diving license.
Our PADI diving courses follows the standards set by PADI for Discover Scuba Diving module which consists of a maximum dive depth of 12 meters with a PADI instructor teaching no more than four students in a group. We let you experience the unknown world in the waters of Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park Kota Kinabalu.
We teach Discover Scuba Diving course in a confined area in the sea with water depth around 2 to 4 meters near the shore. While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
After the completion of Discover Scuba Diving course you will gain any certification but you will get in depth basic knowledge about scuba diving and how to do it properly as a beginner. To sign up for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary but you need to be in reasonable physical health.
The good news is, you don’t have to able to swim at first but if you already knew how to swim, it will be an added advantage while doing Discover Scuba Diving course.
What You Will Learn In Discover Scuba Diving Course
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure.
Be ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around the ocean and exploring the beauty you’ll see below.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
Scuba Gears You Will Use In Discover Scuba Diving
As a PADI 5 Star Dive Centre and a 5 Star Dive Instructor Development Centre, we will provide all the basic scuba gear you’ll use during Discover Scuba Diving Course. Many scuba divers use rental equipment on their first few dives before purchasing their own sets of dive gear. That said, there is an advantage to training in the scuba equipment that you will use once you are certified.
Here’s the complete list on what you will use during your Discover Scuba Diving course. All equipments are serviced regularly and taken care by a certified dive technician.
- professional class dive mask.
- snorkel, clipped to your dive mask.
- BCD (buoyancy control device, all Mares brand)
- fins (we use Mares branded fins)
- Wetsuit or a rash guard (also Mares)
- Oxygen tank
- 8.30am – Meet at Jesselton Point Jetty for registration.
- 9.00am – After reaching the island, start the Padi Discover Scuba Diving Briefing.
- 9.45am – Safety exercises and Dive one from the beach.
- 11.45am – Lunch at the island and free at leisure.
- 2.30pm – Dive two from the boat.
- 4.00pm – Arrive back to Jesselton Point Jetty.
- PADI dive instructor fee.
- Equipment rental.
- Boat fees.
- Sabah park dive permit.
- Jetty fee.
- A la carte lunch (at the island restaurant).
- Drinking water.
- RM 275 per person.
- Add 53 Malaysian Ringgit per person for an extra dive.
- Price is inclusive 6% GST